Frequently Asked Wedding Questions
- Can I hold my wedding ceremony at the Grand Central?
Yes, you absolutely can! We are registered for both religious and civil ceremonies.
- Who can marry us?
A Registrar, Minister, or a Humanist. Just to note if you decide on a Registrar this is arranged through Belfast City Hall.
- How many people can you cater for, for our wedding?
We have private rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 64 guests.
- What time can we get married at?
You are welcome to get married at whatever time you wish! We will then tailor your wedding day timeline to suit. Just remember the time of year that you are getting married. If it is a Winter wedding it will get dark around 4pm so you want to leave plenty of time for the all-important photographs!
Also, to note if a registrar is marrying you the latest time they will host a ceremony is 3pm.
- Is there a fee to hold your ceremony at Grand Central Hotel.
Yes, depending on what room you decide to use this is from £500.00
- Can I bring in my own drinks? Does the hotel offer a corkage option?
The hotel does not allow you to bring in your own drinks or it does not offer a corkage option. The great news is that we have a wide range of drinks and wines for you to choose from and our wedding specialist can talk you through all the options available!
- What time is dinner served at?
The time of your dinner service will depend whether you decide to have speeches before or after dinner. Your wedding specialist will be able to advise you on your timings when you come in for your final details appointment.
- Do you cater for guests with special dietary requirements such as vegetarian, vegan and gluten free? Yes absolutely, our Executive Head Chef would be more than happy to help! We would ask that you provide us with a listing of any special dietary requirements plus the name of the guests at least two weeks prior.
- How long does the meal take to be served on the day?
We would recommend around 1 and a half hours for dinner based on a three course meal followed by tea and coffee. If you have extra courses we would allow a further 20 minutes per course.
- When can my entertainment set up?
As soon as dinner and speeches have finished we will ask your guests to retire to the bar area within the Hotel whilst we rearrange and freshen the tables for your evening reception. Your band or DJ can set up during this time and our team will be on hand to direct them as required.
- How long will it take to set the room for the evening reception?
Our team will have the room ready in around 20 minutes after your guests leave their tables so this will be done in plenty of time before your band or DJ start.
- What time can my entertainment end?
We are licenced until 1.00am for entertainment.
- What chairs options do you offer?
Our wedding packages include Catherine Chairs.
- How much is our deposit?
The deposit for your wedding is £500.00
- Can we make additional payments in the lead up to the wedding?
Yes, absolutely you can call into the hotel directly or phone your wedding specialist to pay amounts off your wedding at any time.
- When is the final payment due?
We require full pre-payment of your wedding package 48 hours prior to arrival based on your final guest numbers. Payment for additional beverages not included in the package or other items added on the day should be settled on check out the morning after the wedding.
- When do we do we our final details?
You will be invited in a month prior to your wedding to go over all final details for your Big Day.
- When do I give you my final guests numbers?
48 hours prior to your wedding. This will be the minimum number for which you are charged.
- Can I hold a block of bedrooms for my wedding guests and if so how many?
Yes of course you can. We would recommend initially holding a block of 10 bedrooms and this can then be increased subject to availability within the hotel.
- Do you offer a special wedding rate for my guests?
Yes, we do contact your wedding co-ordinator who will confirm this rate.